Did you know, water industry uses approximately 1.5 million tons of plastic each year to package bottled water?
What do you reach for to quench your thirst? Do you reach for a bottled water or are you fine with drinking Tap water?
Some people chose to drink bottled water at home because they were unsure how safe it is to drink Tap water. Good news is, water companies in the UK make huge investments each year to carry out millions of tests to ensure our Tap (drinking) water meets the premium and quality standard! However, recent findings show that there is a significant increase in people choosing bottled water over Tap water. Not only bottled water cost more, it also increases our carbon footprint.
One of the little changes we can make to reduce the use of plastic bottle is to choose Tap water.
What are the benefits of Tap water?
- Drinking Tap water helps to prevent waste – Approximately 185 plastic bottles are thrown away every second in the UK!
- Care for your health – Tap water contains naturally occurring minerals
- Reduce Emissions – 500 times more Carbon Dioxide emissions are produced by bottled water
- Protect our seas – By 2050, there will be more plastics in the ocean than fishes!!
- World-class quality – Over 500,000 quality tests are conducted yearly to meet the EU Drinking Water Directive’s standard.
- Money-saving – Tap water is approximately 500 times cheaper than bottled water!