-WINTER IS COMING-
While winter can give us that festive spirit, it also has its drawbacks. It is important that you are prepared for the cold weather and save water!
How can you maintain water efficiency over the cold months? Here are a few tips that can help you prepare.
- Check and replace any leaking taps before you go on your holiday.
- Lagged the outdoor pipes to reduce the risk of freezing
- Make sure your cold water tanks, hot-water pipes, and outdoor pipes are insulated.
- Turn off the valve and drain down the tap and pipes of your outside tap.
- If you will be away from your home/business, consider turning off your stop tap and drain the water so there is no water in the pipes to freeze.
- Try to keep your heating on low if possible, to help keep the place warm–this prevents freezing.
Get started today!